Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday March 2 2012
"Starting now, from this point on go out and live life the way you want to, do things you have always wanted to do, chase your goals, forget other peoples opinions. Go on, and live. Not for them, for you."
- Anonymous

I read this quote this morning on Pintrest (if you don't have one; i'm warning you now it is uncontrollably addictive!) I wonder what my life would be like, if I lived by that quote. I guess now, I am in college hoping that if I live life the way I am now, later I can live the life I want to live. Its funny how other people's opinions of the way we choose to live our lives becomes more important than our own happiness. I would rather be unhappy and get through college, than make my parents unhappy and go travel around the world and write. I have chosen this; because this life is what pleases them. I do this with the hope, that one day, I will get to live the life that pleases me. 
If I was living my life by this quote, I would work and save as much money as I could...and then this summer..I would leave. I would not have a detailed plan; I would not go with an official travel organization. I would not feel the need to explain this desire to anyone. I would leave. I would rent a sailboat and I would spend days and days out on the seas of foreign countries soaking in the sun, and then savoring the land as I dwelled in the richness of culture. I would be free. I would spend a day floating in the Mediterranean sea; writing. I would go scuba diving and see all the gorgeous fish below the surface. (this might be an appropriate time to say that swimming with a whale shark is a major event on my bucket list!) I would learn new languages, be inspired by new people; I would climb mountains and sit on the top of the world with no memory of time. This is the life I want to live. This is the life I was born to live. 
Today, I sit in my apartment writing by a window that looks over the fields of Texas. I have homework to do, and work tonight and a burning in my heart for the day when I have become a writer and am traveling the world! The day that these college moments and Texas scenery will be only a memory. 
Just a few thoughts.
What would your life look like, if you lived life by this quote? 


No comments:

Post a Comment