Saturday, June 15, 2013

Lord,

I keep reading and thinking over these verses is Isaiah 62; where you completely restore, relentlessly pursue and passionately desire and then rename this town...this people. Jesus, the funny thing is that you call these people a 'her.' So naturally, I think of me and you. I think of how your desire for my heart is fierce and strong

" I will not keep silent nor remain quiet until her righteousness shines out like dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch (Isaiah 62: 1)." 

You will not relent, and I am so so thankful for that my sweet Jesus. I am so thankful for your pursuit of my heart, for just how you work. I am still in your presence Lord Jesus. 
But you don't end the story there...
Then you replace the heart of her memories. You replace the scar tissue from her past and make her heart soft again.
You stand before her as her mighty warrior
and you become her father.
You give her a new name

"No longer will they call her Deserted, or name her land Desolate. But she will be called Hephzibah (my delight is in her) (Isaiah 62:4)" 

then you become her lover 

"...and her land Beulah (married) (Isaiah 62:4)"

and you take delight in her

" As a young man pursues a maiden, as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride so will your God rejoice over you (Isaiah 62:5)." 

You completely restore hopeless situations. I am overwhelmed at your goodness. As I read those verses I knew I was reading about your heart...about my story...about your love. I have new name now...delighted in....
I am overwhelmed by your grace, and although I do not understand it
thank you God.

you make all things new

No comments:

Post a Comment