Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday, February 28
A Sunset Walk
Its the feeling you get when the sun hits your skin for the first time in months. When the wind blows through your hair, and your worries blow away with it. Its pure freedom. That is what I felt tonight. 
Bon Iver's 'Beach Baby' serenaded me as I meandered through the park at sunset in my flip flops, raggedy jean shorts, and baggy shirt. The sunset was stunning tonight; bursting oranges and hot pinks bleed through the rain clouds. The world became quiet. 
I walked miles. I walked as far into no-where as the light would let me. I walked until the silence was louder than the speeding cars of the freeway. I walked until the city lights were just an illumination in the sky; not blaring neon. I walked until I was not suffocating from the world anymore. I walked until I could breathe. I walked until I could throw my arms out beside me like a child and spin around in circles with my head facing the sky; savoring every moment of this perfect night. I walked until I could hear God breathe in me. That’s how far I walked tonight; all the way to the heart of me.

1 comment: